I know it may seem like I fell off the face of the planet... sometimes it feels like I have. It has been really busy lately. John is still in crunch mode 7 days a week. We hardly see him anymore, but the end is nearing...
In the meantime we are working up ideas to do our own casual video games. The kids are really excited (I am just the secretary - to write down all the great ideas).
I have been working on my own game, but it is a board game. I am beginning with a "Summer Survival" game that will "hopefully" keep the kids from doing something other than video games every minute of the summer. Here's to hoping. It seems to be working so far. We have been trying the prototype out with 3 other families (so let me know if you are desparate this summer and want to get in on the fun).
If the game goes well, I am hoping to make a Homeschool "Learning Adventure"... that will help keep even ADD kids focused for a few minutes (since I appear to have one of them). My biggest problem is keeping Erik interested in any curriculum for very long. He gets distracted, lost, bored, or a dozen other reasons. I get really tired of bribing him to do his school work, so hopefully this will provide enough randomness not to get boring, and small, but consistent rewards for doing what he needs to do.
Otherwise, I have made myself a game too. A housework game, where I roll a custom dice to determine what part of the house I clean (but only for 5-15 minutes at a time)... and it is actually working. My house has gotten the cleanest it has been since we moved in here, although it slipped a little over the holiday (and Erik having friends over almost everyday for the past 2 weeks). Who would have thought I needed games too!!! The kids seem to enjoy it. I ask them to help for only 1 hour each Saturday morning (then I REALLY do let them go)... and then we vacumn the house on Sunday nights (the whole house). Hey! maybe this would work with husbands too (maybe I will find out if mine ever comes home).
Well, I have rambled on enough for now, but I will try to update daily for awhile, so that it will keep me motivated, and allow me to realize WHY I am so tired.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home