Wonderful Weekend... Away!!!
Well, thanks to Van for watching the kids this (since John had to work this weekend, and Kate & Marianne for watching "Support" (work), I was able to go to the annual women's retreat with Renee and Sheila.
I have been fighting a nasty cold, so I packed up my anti-biotics and cough medicine, and a respectable amount of crafts to work on, and off we went down to Anderson Lodge (near Mt. St. Helens).
Due to delays with work and life (and getting lost once or twice, printed the map, but left it on the printer), we left a bit late... and arrived at the lodge after 9pm. (If you don't leave real early it takes 4-5 hours to get there).
Spent Friday night settling in and getting acquainted with everyone again, did a little shopping during the day on Saturday afternoon, then dove into the sewing on Saturday night...
Finished Aunt Clara's Shower and Window curtains for her bathroom (except for the seasonal toppers):



Hemmed a skirt that I was wanting to shorten (it had shrunk a little in length and just didn't look too good anymore.
Made Sorrel (Van's daughter) a cute little t-shirt dress:
Finished Kate's baby blanket for little Mallori (who should be showing up any day now):

...and finished a denim/flannel quilt that I started several years ago:

I also made a cute little fairy bottle with decopauge.
Packed up on Sunday and headed back, but not before stopping at the outlet malls on the way home, where I found quite a few really cute tops.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home